My Grandpa Perkins has been very ill. He was taken to the Boise hospital by ambulance from Baker City!
When we received this information it was very alarming because the diagnosis did not look promising and the doctor said he may not make it!
So we prayed and felt that it was necessary to drive to Boise and see him!
I could not believe how much weight he had lost sense I last saw him in the spring!
When all of the family arrived he perked up and got color in his face!
This is my favorite picture! I love that he is smiling! I have never seen him with a mustache before.
I made and brought chocolates; he enjoyed eating them!
He has had multiple strokes in the last little while and so his memory is not the same. He was not able to recognize family. However by the end of the visit he was remembering things a little better!
My Aunt Shirley and Grandpa!
Steven and Shirley
Charlie with his Grandpa!
Dad had worked all morning on the ranch and drove the three hours to Boise so we could see him!
Charlie showing us how full his tummy is!
Me and my Daddy!
We got to watch life flight landing and taking off!
This whole trip brought back very painful memories of Jessie being at this hospital when we about lost her the first time to septicemia. Same helicopter that transported her from Baker to St. Alphonsus in Boise.
My cousin Becca and Charlie!
The look on my Grandpa’s face is hilarious…it is a look of what are you doing in my bed?
Grandpa had a good appetite! After all the blood he lost it was encouraging to see him up and eating.
He is a hard working rancher and so he is tough! Hopefully he will be able to be with us a little longer.
He is my only living grandfather and I love him very much. It was hard to see him in the hospital; he never gets sick!
I got videos of Great Grandpa Perkins and Charlie but not any pictures. Some times I could just kick myself. Hopefully I will get the opportunity.
Back at the hotel!
This was Charlie’s favorite part, he lives to go to a hotel. He is still talking about it; it makes me laugh.
When you ask him what he will do when he grows up, the answer is…”I am going to go on a mission and then come home and marry a lady in the temple and then we will take our kids to a hotel!”
If you are ever in Boise and need a good hotel Oxford Suites is the best. It is impeccably clean and they serve a full breakfast in the morning that is included with the room rate.
Unlike Marriot or Hilton that charge you $10 per person extra for breakfast!
Robert teaching Charlie how to swim and float!
Dinner out as a family!
Got to love the name! lol We have these all over in Utah; hey the food is quite good!
It felt like the short time we were there we visited Grandpa, ate out and slept.
After a weekend of Chinese food, Olive Garden, Subway and Chuck-A- Rama I did not want to see food again! lol
It was wonderful to see grandpa and family! Hopefully next time it will not be due to difficult circumstances!


4 comments:
Your grandpa will probably get better just from seeing all of you guys! Alisa, your hair looks SO cute!! So fun to see all the family and your dad in the pictures.:)
I hope your Grandpa is doing better! It's good you got to go see him.
Response to your comment on my blog: Yes of course I remember you Alisa! I'm so glad you found me! I actually found out about your blog just last week. Amy clued me into the fact that you have one. I had seen the "Boulter Family" listed on her's and the Knowles blog before, but I didn't know that Boulter is your last name so I never checked it out.
Charlie is very cute. You sound like a great Mom. I'm excited to have another family member to reconnect with. I wish more family members would blog, so I could get to know them better too.
Sorry, Lissy--It's rough when your grandparents get older & more feeble. This last week my mom & dad went up to Montana to see my grampa (mom's dad) because he come down with double pneumonia :( -He's recovering & it was good for him to see family. (I wish we could've gone, but w/kids & all it's hard to up & go to Montana on a few hrs notice(!)
--Oh Hotels, they are SO fun for children. My kids just live to go to them! :)
--So thank you for your very sweet comments on my blog! I very much wish we were next door neighbors!
It looks like your visit made a huge difference in his countenance :) I am sorry to hear he is so sick. I hope he rallies and is able to go home soon. I remember watching 3 of my grandparents go through very tough times in and out of hospitals as they got older. One of those times, I was the only one in the area (my parents were out of town and I was the one who had to make decisions). very tough. its wonderful that you could brighten his day!
Post a Comment