Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4th of July Celebrations and Decorations!

Here are the 4th of July decorations I put up this year!  My home was very patriotic if I do say so. 

IMG_5516

IMG_5518IMG_5523

IMG_5521

Mom and I spent an evening making these great fabric flags!  It made for a unique arrangement!  

IMG_5526IMG_5528

Here is the chair I had picked up at a Salivation Army in Ventura that I decided to give a bit of a festive look.  It turned out super cute and looked festive on the front porch! 

IMG_5529

My beautiful flower beds blooming in red white and blue!

Decorating Jessica’s Grave

One of Jessica’s most favorite holidays was the 4th of July.  She truly  was the queen of this holiday.  She and Mom would always have an incredible 4th of July breakfast.  All the family was invited and we would have divine food (of course)  and then we would sing and have a family talent show.  Oh how I miss Jessica and her wonderful talents and abilities to make every holiday extra special!

IMG_5613

IMG_5614

Mom found these great solar lights that made a neat pattern on her stone!

IMG_5611

The beautiful sunset from her grave. 

Mom’s house!

IMG_5533

Mom invited us over for a most delicious 4th of July breakfast!

IMG_5534

These homemade raspberry scones were to die for; mmmmm yummy!

IMG_5536IMG_5540

IMG_5537

This garland we put together turned out adorable!

IMG_5543IMG_5546

IMG_5548

IMG_5550

IMG_5556

IMG_5559

IMG_5563

The delectable breakfast!

Stadium of Fire!

IMG_5572

Leaving Grandma’s and heading to the Stadium of fire!

IMG_5573

IMG_5575

We were in the seats that were facing west!  Talk about baking in 95 degree weather before the show started!  Charlie was trying to find respite from the heat and was going under our legs!  

After the sun went down it was quite pleasant and we had the best seats in the house for the fire works!

IMG_5577

The programs came in handy, I made everyone a fan! 

IMG_5582

IMG_5583

IMG_5591

The F-22 Raptors that did a fly over from Hill Air Force Base.  This has always been one of my favorite parts!

IMG_5586

IMG_5589

IMG_5593

d

David Archuleta was the opening act.  He did a great job singing but when it came to talking to the audience he was a bit awkward!  

IMG_5599

There is Brad Paisley!  It was such a fun concert!

b

IMG_5595

fw

f1

Sense I can never capture a great picture of fire works with my camera I found some on line of the presentation this year!  The fire works were choreographed to great music.  It was quite the show!

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: