Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camping at the lake!

IMG_5634

IMG_5651

The views and wildflowers were breath taking!

IMG_5636

IMG_5641IMG_5640

IMG_5642

IMG_5643

IMG_5646

IMG_5650

Making pizza in the Dutch oven!

IMG_5655IMG_5658

IMG_5618

In the beginning there was a lot of fresh ingredients arranged layer upon layer on top of homemade pizza dough!

IMG_5623

During the cooking process a huge summer rain storm began!

IMG_5625

Robert sautéing zucchini! 

IMG_5630

The finished product it was so mouth watering good!  Oh man I want some right now!

Next we had the best chocolate pudding cake ever!  It was so moist and decadent!

IMG_5628

The Dutch oven king enjoying his cake! 

IMG_5632

By the time we finished cooking we were sitting under a canopy in a doozy of a thunder and lightening storm.  Did we stop the cooking and eating process; heck no!!! 

Next day!

Steven, Charlie and I went swimming in the lake but I did not get one stinking picture; it is hard when you are in the water.  Even with sunscreen Steven and I baked.  I coated Charlie good in sunscreen and made him wear his swim shirt; he did not get burnt at all! 

IMG_5654

IMG_5665

IMG_5663

For dinner we made BBQ pork loin, a great green salad with homemade French dressing, and Focaccia bread!

IMG_5666

IMG_5669

IMG_5667

IMG_5662

Some of my fondest memories of camping is the time we spend together cooking meals that are out of this world!  We love to plan and cook food that is unforgettable!

How I love my family; we have so much fun together! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Whew! I should have read this post AFTER I ate lunch. That looked sooo delicious! You guys eat yummy food when you camp - we are still at the tin foil dinner level around here:)