I found the best idea and tried it out with the neighborhood kids. My friend Driel and I took sidewalk chalk and wrote the alphabet and numbers all over the drive way. We then took turns calling out a letter or number and all the kids would race to find it and stand on it.
For all the older kids they had to say a word that started with the letter and then spell it. For the younger children we worked on finding the letter and then helped them learn the sound the letter made!
This activity drew a crowd and everyone had a fun time learning and playing!
We had twelve kids playing this game and it was so fun!
Charlie was guarding “his” letter C! Oh my
Too cute!
The drive way was turned into a number and alphabet collage!
I am sure her mommy is going to be thrilled!
Hop scotch!
I think this is such a cute picture. Becky was fine with her kids being covered in chalk!
Princess Chalkarella and Princess Hayley
Love this picture!
After all the neighbor kids went home, Charlie and I stayed out until six playing this game. I must say Charlie is a rock star with letters and numbers. He could find whatever I called out then he would make the sound of the letter and tell me a word that started with the letter! Smarty pants


No comments:
Post a Comment