Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dinner is served!

IMG_1371

Homemade baby!  My Great Grandma Hunt’s recipe for German chocolate cake!  

IMG_1376

After hiking in Little Wild Horse Canyon we came back to camp and made a fabulous dinner over the fire.  I made a German Chocolate cake form scratch and it turned out divine.  It is my Dad’s favorite cake and so I wanted to make something special for him!

IMG_1386 IMG_1383

Dad and Steven made the main course!  MMMMM Yummy!

 IMG_1384

IMG_1387 IMG_1388

I love how you can see the steam coming of the food!  We had barbequed chicken, scalloped potatoes and zucchini cooked in the Dutch oven, and green salad.  For desert my German chocolate cake of course! 

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Looks so yummy! Will you email me that recipe? Thanks!!

Gram B said...

That is my favorite cake too! Will you make that for me next time. ;-)