Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Door decoration!

I decorated the Bishop’s door this month with a Sharing Time project!  I think it turned out cute.

For the month of December the theme in Primary has been service!

Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me, Matt. 25:35–45

IMG_1320

The Primary made the handprints and gifts.  The nursery children decorated the ornaments.  I wanted all the children involved!

IMG_1323

The hands represent helping hands of service.  The presents are gifts that the children will give to the Savior as we celebrate His birth this month.  They drew pictures and wrote things they can do; for example: be kind to their brothers and sisters and read scriptures and pray!

  I will bring these gifts back out at Easter and give them to the children.  Hopefully they remembered the gift they promised to give the Savior!  If not they will receive another opportunity! 

  • When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God, Mosiah 2:17

IMG_1325IMG_1327

It took a lot of masking tape to keep this all on the door.  The problem is every time the heat turns on things fall off the door!  Oh well it is only for the month of December!

IMG_1329

Charlie’s hand print!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Wonderful idea Lissy. I love it!

Gram B said...

You always have such creative ideas. And you are able to come up with a plan and execute it with great beauty and simplicity.

Sandra said...

This is really wonderful Sissy! I love you!