Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leo Carrillo State Park

When we visited Robert’s family in October we all went to the beach to play in the sand and tide pools!  It was extremely enjoyable. 

  I felt like becoming a marine biologist; I loved exploring!

IMG_0328

Robert getting his beach shoes on!

IMG_0330

Reflection in the sand! 

IMG_0336

IMG_0340

IMG_0341IMG_0372

IMG_0370IMG_0346

IMG_0353

We loved touching the sea enemies and watching them retract and squirt water! 

IMG_0356

Examining tide pools!  We had the best guide with us; Liz knew the names of little sea creatures!

IMG_0358

So many star fish clinging to rocks…their life depended on it! 

IMG_0363

IMG_0360

Liz found one that was willing to relinquish it’s grip; or it just picked a really small stone to stick to!  When the tide comes in you will be washed out to sea little starfish!

IMG_0365

I love this picture of Liz examining a tide pool, looking for a sand crab.  

right after I took this picture however she leaned down to get something from the water and her IPhone fell into the salt water.  IPhones and salt water, lets just say the phone was electrocuted on the spot!  Poor phone!

At least the picture turned out gorgeous!

IMG_0374

A bunch of hermit crabs; this was Charlie’s favorite sea creature!  The shells are so beautiful!

IMG_0376

Building tunnels in the wet sand!  

We had such a wonderful time playing, exploring and admiring God’s creations! 

Thank you Liz for taking us to Leo Carrillo! A definite tradition to continue! 

1 comment:

Gram B said...

It was a wonderful day! Except for the lost of my phone. We had a fun adventure looking for sea creatures and I loved showing Charlie new things.