Thursday, April 16, 2009

University of Utah



Her is a huge tribute to my Mother! I think she is the most amazing women in the world! I am so proud of her I could pop. She has been accepted into the Doctorate of Nursing Program at the University of Utah Medical School! She will soon have her Doctorate and be Dr. Sandra Knolwes! 10 years of school under her belt.
She went through a very rigorous application process and submitted her application in January of this year. She was told that if she was considered for acceptance to the competitive program she would have an interview. Two weeks ago she had the interview and they told her that if she was accepted she would hear at the end of May. She received an acceptance letter two days ago! She will start school in August!
Mom you are so incredible and such an example to me. What can a say, you ROCK!!!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly have to agree with you 110%!!...Your mom is Incredible!! Congrats to her! I can't wait to call her Dr. Knowles!! (Although I'll always think of her more as Aunt Sandy :) -I'm sure your mom will excell greatly in her progam just as she's always done in her career & schooling! -Wow, how can one woman be So Amazing at SO many things in life!! -You're a True inspiration to us all, Sandy! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

(Oh & I wanted to say...I hope my Perkins side is realated to your Perkins side; that way I'm related to royalty, too!...But mostly I want to be related to you guys! ;) :) ..My ancesters/relatives from Whales had/have a castle--"The Parry Castle" ...I'd always fantasized that I'd find one day that there's a castle in my family...when I told my cousins about this a couple years ago, they said "Duh! You don't know about the Parry Castle?!" ..However, I think my direct line was the black sheep of the family & either ran away or got disowned or something like that...so I don't know if we have many rights to the castle--I'd sure love to see it someday though...I'll have to get my family history straight so I can find out what disconnected us from the castle & go make amends :D (Of course I Am glads the Parrys came to the USA as Mormon Pioneers so her I am today, castle or not. :)