Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day

Memorial Day and visiting Jessica's grave!


I was so excited that my Peonies and French Lilacs were in bloom,
so I could bring a bouquet to Jessie. I also put one yellow rose in the arrangement just for her.

I joy in the sight of a cemetery all bedecked in floral glory! I just think it shows so much love.
Jessica's grave

The family...do you know how hard it is to get everyone to look at the camera at the same time? Oh well, we will call these candid pictures.

Yes I was actually there. We always think it is funny that I seem to not be in pictures at special events, well someone has to be in charge of the picture taking!

Maddie and her iPod...inseparable

Another example of inseparable....these two are best friends...brother and sister

Memorial Day BBQ back at the house!

Maddie was the bar tender for the evening. Thank you Maddie you did a great job.

My precious Mariah! She lives across the street and somehow I am one of her favorite people. If she sees me outside she has to come visit. I just adore her!

Driel my good friend; she is Mariah's mother

Robert the grill master...he cooked up great hamburgers, bratwurst and hot dogs! He always does such a fantastic job!
I love having a BBQer that has a side burner. I was able to cook corn on the cob at the same time; the best!

Evan and Fiona




3 comments:

Gram B said...

The flowers are BEAUTIFUL. You always do a wonderful job.

Tricia said...

I love your flowers! Peonies are so beautiful! Looks like you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful boquet you put together--I remember you guys had peonies at your Baker house & I thought they're so beautiful & have wanted them in my yard ever since. -It makes me happy to see all those pretty flowers on Jessie's grave!...She is certainly deeply loved by many!!
That is a killer grill!!...We love to BBQ--we like the charcoal grill--like the flavor, but miss the convenience of propane. -Especially when I just want to throw some hotdogs on the grill--not worth it to prep the briquettes.
-I've discovered Smilebox, too...it's a fun way to do slideshows!