Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Saturday Warriors

Midway and Park City
On Saturday we decided to take a family drive. I wanted to stop at the bakery in Midway that was featured in Paula Dean's magazine.
Delectable pastries and confections!
Charlie picked out a cupcake that was the same color as his shirt! What are the chances...that is a very bright green shirt!

Then we went to the duck pond! Somehow Charlie fell in and got completely wet. It is a good thing I always pack an extra change of clothes.
We went up through the mountains to get to Park City. A lovely switch back dirt road, that climbs to steep altitudes. This is a view of the beautiful Heber valley!

Park City and the Alpine Slides!
We got to take a ski lift to the top of the mountain. First time for both my guys to go on a ski lift. A bit nerve racking with a three year old. He was great; I just jumped every time he moved and insisted on holding on to him during the ride.
They are such a cute team! Charlie loves his Daddy.
and away we go!
The day ended with great Chinese food in Heber and a beautiful drive through the Prove Canyon. I love spending every second with my darling family!



2 comments:

Gram B said...

We love the Apline slide! And the pastries look wonderful.

Tricia said...

You guys always do such fun stuff! I would love to visit that pastry shop. :) Hey, we are coming to Utah at the beginning of Sept and were thinking about going to Swiss Days on Friday the 4th. Would you like to meet us there?