Monday, November 15, 2010

Mums the word!

Chrysanthemums, often called mums or chrysanths, are of the genus (Chrysanthemum) constituting approximately 30 species of perennial flowering plants in the family Asteraceae which is native to Asia and northeastern Europe.

This fall the mums that I planted put on quite a show!

IMG_2045

IMG_2047

IMG_2052

Today we took a huge bouquet to Jessie’s grave!  It was so beautiful.  

IMG_2053

I love all the varieties!  The pink ones below are one of my favorites! 

IMG_2054

I have just loved having these colorful beauties in the back yard!  There have been so many occasions where these flowers have been arranged into a vase and brightened someone’s day! 

  My own personal fresh flower shop in the backyard! 

IMG_1963

Pup and Mums!

I am lucky that Maxwell did not destroy the flower beds!

1 comment:

Sandra Knowles said...

Beautiful. I am always struck at how wonderful you guys are. You have many gifts. Cherish them and hold them dear. I love you.