Blocks and home made Play Dough

One of Charlie's favorite things to do is play with his Mega Blocks! My cousin Nicole gave these to Charlie and they have been such a joy for Charlie!

Temple Time

A great way to hold a block when your hands are full!

I love this little guys smile!

Ok I had to put this picture in because he does the same thing I do when I am concentrating on a project! Sticking your tongue out induces better creativity!
Play Dough
I made play dough the other day. I was asked to sub for Sunbeams and so I came with a whole arsenal of projects to keep my 7 little Sunbeams busy and learning! This is a forth of what I made. Next time I won't make the full recipe. I have too much dough and not the one I would like! :)

If anyone would like the recipe, let me know. I got it from my 100 Years of Mormon Cookery cookbook! It turned out so lovely and is the best recipe I have used to make salt dough.


Making and squishing crabby pattys! We have sure had fun playing with play dough!
I want to add a new little thing to my blog. How I decide to format or do so will have to be another post. I want to put the funny things Charlie says in my blog......sense this is how I keep my family journal this is where I will be posting things!The other day we were running errands and stopped to have lunch at Pizza Factory. Lately Charlie has been picking his nose and yes doing the thing that all Mother's dread; eating the buried treasure! Were do kids learn this????? I have been trying to teach him that it is impolite and will make his tummy sick. So as we were in a public area he started doing this and I went into my motherly spill of why we don't do this.He looked up at me with a look of Mother you are so clueless and said "Mom it is food from my nose!" (so matter of fact) Oh yes like that makes it better, but it caught me off guard and yes I had to laugh!

1 comment:
Haha! That's a funny one!!--I might have to copy your idea & put a place on my blog for the funny things my kids say.
I would love the play-doh recipe--I have a couple & the best one I know uses cream of tartar & vege oil to give it a nice texture--but I'd love to find the best one out there since we like making home made play-doh (And I'm in the nursery.)
Aren't mega blocks the best!...they're great for creative play & learning--the only thing I don't like about them is finding them all over my house :p :)
Post a Comment