Normally we only have one birthday celebration…however this year Charlie was able to celebrate his birthday twice.
We wanted to have a birthday party while his Grandma Boulter was visiting! That party was previously posted.
We had promised Charlie that he could have a friend birthday party this year. So after scheduling and rescheduling we had a fabulous party!
This year Charlie asked for a Battleship themed birthday party! So I got the fun job of making this battleship cake.
It was a hit with Charlie and his friends!
Setting up before the guests arrive!
I made each boy their own Tomahawk missal!
I took Pringle chip containers and wrapped them in grey paper and made red wings. The top is a fruit cup I painted white and hot glued to the top of the chip can. Robert tracked down the same font that is used on the real missals. (So take that Pinterest; a Lissy original)
The party begins
We had all the boys meet us at the Provo Beach Resort so they could go bowling and play arcade games.
Private Charlie and Ben reporting for duty!
My mom purchased these adorable sailor hats for the boys to wear! It was great because it was easy to keep track of all our little birthday guests!
Following Captain Robert
First off, Bowling…..
Charlie’s Best Friend William
Keanu, Charlie, William, Ben and Marcus
Arcade time….
All the birthday guests. Reagan came a little latter!
Charlie Ben
Keanu William
Marcus Reagan
Now to my Mom’s house for pizza, cake, presents and games!
My Mom’s house is across the street from the Provo Beach Resort so my Mom was kind enough to offer having the boys over!
Little personal homemade battleship pizzas!
Present time….
Such a stud!
Playing the games Battleship
Each boy got to decorate their own picture frame. While the party was still going Robert got the pictures I had taken of each boy on the surf board and had them developed at Walgreens.
Before the party was over Robert went to Walgreens got the pictures and we put them in their frames. A fun little keepsake for them!
It was a very fun party! I was completely exhausted afterwards…..I got a feel for what it would be like to have six boys to keep busy!
Charlie loves his party and everyone had a great time! Thank you Mom for all your help and letting us come to your house for the birthday party!


2 comments:
Your cake and missiles look amazing!! You rule Pinterest! Good job mama.:)
You are so creative and talented!! And to do all that and an awesome cake with a new baby...WONDER WOMAN!
Post a Comment