Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fifth disease???

A few weeks into school and Charlie comes home one day with a very interesting rash!  It was all over his torso, arms and legs.

  You can imagine I was very nervous….new born and an unidentifiable rash. 

  I quickly made an appointment with Charlie’s Pediatrician Dr. Wynn.

  Dr. Wynn identified the rash as Fifth disease or also know as slap face because of the appearance of very red checks. 

  I had never heard of it before.  Dr. Wynn explained that back in the 16 hundreds when they were trying to identify and name rashes… it went like such mumps, measles, rubella, chicken pox and this one fifth disease.  It has a lacy like appearance and tends to manifest itself when one gets over heated.  Charlie had ran a mile during lunch recess!  

 

fifth disease

  Luckily Charlie soon recovered and Bentley did not catch it!  Sigh of relief

20120910_162619

20120910_162609

Charlie waiting by the receptionist station watching Jungle Book!

No comments: