Saturday, June 21, 2008

Neighborhood Barbecue

Fun filled evening!
Charlie, Hailey, and Bella
Sorry these few pictures are blurry. It was dusk and I forgot to turn the flash on.
Charlie going down what he calls the wee!
He has chocolate all over his face from the chocolate brownie cookies I made and brought to the party. Oh he has the sweetest little look on his face, always has a smile that lights up a room!
Cassie and Charlie. Leave it to Charlie to find a cute teenage girl and sit by her. If he is this audacious and flirtatious at two what will the future entail?


Really I was at the party, I just am the one that takes the pictures :)


The Burr and the Bricker family hosted a neighborhood party. We had a wonderful time and got to know our neighbors better. They plan to have one more before the summer is over.
Have you ever seen the movie "Sand Lot"? In the movie there is a scene where they have a neighborhood 4th of July party and have the road blocked off. There are kids playing and sparklers...grown -ups barbecuing. I have all ways wanted to recreate such an event, so I am glad someone in the neighborhood initiated it. I think this will be a wonderful tradition to keep going. Perhaps Robert and I will host a party...I love planning and getting ready for a party!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie IS quite the charmer ;) ..he can't help it :)..I Love the movie Sandlot, I could have a summer filled w/events from the movie! (except for the carnival puking scene - lol) ...Thanks for your comments on my blog, 'Lisy!--I get and apprecitate them all!...I was especially glad to hear that you enjoyed my eulogy for Jessie--people who've only met her once or only even knew her from my blog entry have offered deep sympathies, and have asked how her family is doing (I hope you all are finding some peace, solitude and happy moments in this time of mourning)... I have faith in the beatitude where the Savior told us "Blessed are those that mourn for they shall be comforted" - I was having a hard time sleeping one night a few days before Jessie's funeral--just coming to the reality that our Jessie had finally left us...then I just had a comforting thought wash over me that Jessie was not gone & that she indeed could even be right with me at the moment--free of pain and more beautiful than ever...Maybe she has come to check on me :)
Anyway...I didn't mean to go on and on -- and I didn't want to write anything tear-jerking, but I did want to share that with you.
Love you lots!

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

One day I hope Spencer and I can live on a street like that - what a wonderful place to raise a family!!! (and have block parties..hehehe)