Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Camping We Will Go!

A Camping We Will Go!

Here we are just about ready to go camping. We are parked outside Mom's place; got to get out of this city and go to the mountains!



With all the excitement of getting ready to go camping Charlie fell asleep and did not wake up until we got to the camp site!


Charlie in the trailer



When we got to the camp site the person prior left a bunch of cut up 2 by 4's. Charlie was quick to recognize them as blocks and it kept him busy!

We had the most beautiful thunder storm roll in. It rained a little; it was nice to be able to go in the trailer. It was fun listening to the thunder and the rain from our little dry warm abode.
Here is Charlie getting ready to pounce on Grandma
and he attacks yet had time to strike a poss!

Yes those are Charlie's blocks......but Steven needed a few to start a fire. After it rained he had a big fire going and it was so nice to sit around and enjoy it's warmth.
Charlie and I found a little fort. We called it the bunny brier. We cleared the ground and played. I asked Charlie what he thought of our fort and he said he liked it but it needed curtains. So Uncle Steven got a bath towel and made curtains.

This is Charlie getting filthy right after I had bathed him. Mom told me to relax; she said you are suppose to get dirty when you are camping. I know I just have OCD

as he was climbing back up the little hill he slipped and went into the creek. He was not a happy camper




Little shadow
Where did my shadow go?

Today we spent the day in Park City. We went to the outlet malls and walked around old town. It was very fun and I am excited to take Robert and show him. There is a bunch to do in Park City; but my favorite is the Alpine slides!


We have spent the last couple of days at Wasatch State Park, camping. The leaves are changing and it is just breath taking! It has been enjoyable, except for the fact that my sweetheart could not come. Darn work, he is such a good man to stay home and provide for his little family. We sure missed him though. I came home early so I could be with him. Mom and Steven are still camping but will be home for Charlie's birthday on Saturday.
Steven will be leaving this Monday for Oregon to help Dad with the last cutting of alf alfa. So we wanted to get in a little camping trip before he went. He will be gone for three weeks and then be back in time for the big Halloween Party. This will be the 27th annual Halloween party. Mom started the tradition when Jessie was a baby and we have had them sense. It was fun while we were camping we were discussing Halloween party preparations! Oh there is a lot to do, but I am so excited!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to go on a neat camping trip...it's the perfect time of year to camp!--so beautiful outdoors..I love the changing leaves.
Park City is fun--the first time I ever went was with Jessie when I'd gone to visit her in Heber.
Oh, I a SO excited for your annual Halloween party!!! - Let me know if you need help with any of the preprations. :)