Look Out at Squaw Peak
My handsome men! Charlie brings this flag with him where ever he goes; so patriotic!
The view looking South
For family home evening we went for a drive. For those of you that are not familiar with that terms it means a evening set aside each week for an activity you do as a family. Part of this involves a spiritual lesson or thought, hymns, and prayer. It is a wonderful way to stay close as a family!
Our intentions were to go see the fall leaves, but we left the house later then expected. That is ok, it was an amazing view to see the sun setting and the lights of the city. I know I have said this many times before, but we live in such a gorgeous place. I love the mountains in Utah!


5 comments:
Wow! You captured some beautiful pictures! What a great FHE
That sounds like my kind of FHE! I LOVE the fall colors, and cool air - its so invigorating! The photos you took are exquisite. I love the view :) It reminds me (on a much larger scale of course) of fall night at SVU in buena vista, va in the sheanadoh valley. So pretty....*sigh* Such great memories!!
I just LOVE your Blog, Lyssie! - Love the new Auttumn background!...Fall is just my Favorite season!! Those leaves are so beautiful...and of course your mom was so thoughtful to bring you some!...Yes, I'd have to say that is the Perfect date she went on!! - In fact, I'm going to take my husband on the same date sometime this weekend...we're down here in Blanding at my parents place & the mountain here gets SO gorgeous in the fall. There are a lot of Quaking Aspen trees and their leaves are just magnificent..along w/the beautiful colors the scrub oak is turning. -I've been up on the mountain a few times already; hunting with my dad...we went on some really breath-taking hikes. We even saw a bear and a big heard of elk bugeling--such a beautiful sound! (as you can tell by the way I'm going on and on here...I Love the fall and I love the mountains--especailly combined! :) ..so anyway, yes--my hubby & I need to go on a drive and take pics of the auttumn splendor... And I think I'll copy you mom and bring some of it back to make a pretty arrangement.
PS...I also wanted to say--I think it's great that you guys are also "drive takers" ..taking a drive to pretty country and neat sights has always been a favorite activity of mine. My family went on Sunday drives all the time growing up. It's great time together and relaxing. These drive can get a little costlier w/gas prices so high...but it's still worth it!
Also, thanks for the fun recipes--the confetti squares are So cute...I'm sure all kids love these & I will definitely be making them for a fun event that includes children... and we Have to make the cowboy cookies--for one they have all my favorite ingredints and sound SO yummy...and also, Leka and Asutin are going to be a cowboy & cowgirl for Halloween :)
--Did I tell you I made the peach drop cookies you posted?...they are so soft and yummy--and my husband loved them...I stayed up late making them & surprised Nase with a bag of cookies to take to work. --I love it when you put new recipes on my recipe blog!
Post a Comment