Before and after pictures
Some new curtains, towels, and bathmats for the bathroom.
Charlie doing a happy dance!
A must have bedroom accessory
The Candy Machine we found at D.I. to put in Steven's room. It just needed some T.L.C.
before
After: all pretty in candy apple red paint. Speaking of candy we hooked him up!
Charlie's new favorite hobby
Robert and the dog that adores him. Daisy nap
Charlie and I at the paint store picking out the paint for Steven's room. I had it customized.
Last night Steven came home to my complete surprise. All week long I have been calling him to ask when he was coming, but he was always very vague and would not tell me an exact date. A bit frustrating for one that likes to have everything planned and in order.
For the past week my Mom and I have been redecorating Steven's bedroom to surprise him when he returned home. We got it finished and we were so excited to surprise him but were frustrated because he would not tell us what day he was coming home. Ok well at least that is what I thought......all along everyone knew when Steven was coming home but Steven wanted to surprise me so he asked everyone not to tell me. If you ever want to surprise someone I am a great candidate. I can be so oblivious to what is going on that I don't catch on. Example when Robert proposed to me everyone knew and were all in on it except me; totally oblivious. I did not even begin to think he was going to propose to me even though the whole situation was so obvious!
Well last night my Mom , Grandma, and my Aunt and Uncle came over to the house. I thought wow, how fun, company. They said they had come over to see the room we had decorated. Then Mom suggested we go out front and look at the stars and talk. Ok I thought, but there is nice lawn furniture in the back yard why sit out front on the steps....did not phase me though went right along with it. Then Mom asked me if I called Steven and I said I had tried but he did not answer his phone. She said yeah, I could not get a hold of him either. Just then a white Toyota pulled into the Cull-De-Sack. I said man that looks just like Steven's truck. I looked at Mom and she busted up laughing. Ok, it finally dawned on me!!!! I callled them all stinker bugs for keeping it a secret. It was very fun to be surprised though. I am sooooooo happy that he is home. Charlie was so cute when he saw Steven. He went running to him and Steven picked him up and Charlie wrapped his arms and legs around Steven like he was holding on and not letting go. He kissed and kissed Steven and told him how much he loved him. Then Charlie insisted on a big group hug. He is so cute and affectionate!


2 comments:
Everything looks so great! You did a great job on the remodel. I'm sorry we couldn't stay until the big surprise last night! Glad he made it home safely and we'll have to come over to see him.
You girls are such decorating geniuses! The room looks great!...I Love the candy machine--I wouldn't even have thought of such a cute idea (and yes, you did hook him up!) ...Charlies Happy Dance is so cute!
Welcome Home Steven!!
Post a Comment