Saturday, August 30, 2008

a dog gone good time!

Dogie Nap!


Uncle Dennis, Charlie and Buddy

Could this picture be any sweeter!

Steven and Coala


Charlie enjoying his most favorite activity..."blowing a towel in the wind!"


This is an authentic pioneer house that has been on the ranch for at least 100 years. There was a pioneer family of three that lived in it at one time, but they were attacked and scalped by Indians. A real wild west story. Well that did not stop us from turning it into our play house when we were children. Many wonderful hours of imagination and playing were spent in this little house. The Oregon Trail runs right through the field behind the house! I grew up in the neatest place!
Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls Idaho




Here is the last batch of pictures from Oregon and on our way home we stopped at Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls Idaho.
I love these pictures of my uncle, and brother with the dogs! The black Lab's name is Coala and the German Short Hair is Buddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lissy- I just can not get enough of your Oregon Trip pictures/posts!! (sad this is the last batch)--they're just So beautiful & so neat...I'd never heard the little pioneer cabin story. What a wonderful childhood you have to cherish. I'll definitely cherish my many Baker memories I have with Jessie and you guys!--I've been to your ranch a few times...I always loved going to your grandma Annie's house cause there was always the Yummiest food I'd get treated to there!..& I loved her Yugoslavian accent :) ..And all the fun times/sleepovers/Halloween parties at your big beautiful victorian style home ...What a treasure-trove of memories!

Anonymous said...

L&L is on Bulldog across from the high school right next to taco time. It's Hawaiian BBQ (really popular w/the Polynesians)...the menu may look a little different, but if you don't know what to try the bbq chicken is really good--you guys should check it out :)

Anonymous said...

Robert- You have such a cute little family. Just wanted to drop by and show some love and tell you how cute your wife and son are... see you at Om-ni-ture!