Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Journey Continues

Reminiscing in Portland OregonThis was the first apartment that we lived in when we moved to N. W. 23rd.

When we arrived in Portland the number one thing to do was go to our favorite Thai Restaurant, Miso Happy. The food was excellent. It was just as we had remembered it being like.
Charlie got Miso noodles and chicken. He loved the food and had to use chop sticksHe has this method down

Oh Saturday Market, one of my most favorite places to go in Portland! The Saturday Market is located under the Burnside bridge next to the Willamette River. It is the longest running outdoor market in the nation. I wish I could have done my Christmas shopping here, there are the most unique items and made by the various vendors.
Here we are waiting for MAX. Steven was great, he helped me with Charlie so I could look. He is going to be the best daddy. Of course on this trip he was asked all the time about his little boy.
Burnside Bridge and the Willamette River
Charlie sporting the tie dye shirt that Grandma and Grandpa Boulter sent him. He fit right in and looked like a local!
This tram is state of the art and was recently completed. It takes you to OHSU.
A view of Portland from the Tram
That is the docking station for the Tram and in the background is part OHSU campus
Made it safely to the top!
My Uncle Frank owns a very amazing Stake House called the Stetson. It is in Pendleton Oregon where the famous Pendleton Round Up is held in September. Want a real cowboy experience go to that and then come have a delicious stake at the Stetson.
This is my cousin Jeff Perkins, Frank's son and my Grandpa. I have not seen Jeff for a long time; it was wonderful to visit. I am so lucky to be sitting next to two very handsome men!
I guess I would look that excited to if I got a big plate of fresh crab out of the shell! Sorry Jeff, it is just a fun picture of you! I am not sure what you were doing here when I got the picture.
Here is Charlie enjoying croutons, not salad. Thank you so much Uncle Frank for the wonderful meal it was so nice of you to invite us. I love your new beautiful home. So fancy!!!



The other evening I had an entry complete and ready to post when all of a sudden the computer crashed on me. No I did not save it! I guess I will learn to save the document I am working on so that does not happen. Any how I was frustrated with the computer and have not wanted to blog.
With that being said here I go again...the second attempt to share the pictures of Portland Oregon. A little back ground history concerning Portland. When I was a Sophomore in high school, Mom got accepted into the masters program at OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University) So we left the small country town of Baker city Oregon and moved to down town Portland. It was an incredible experience, one that I am so glad we had the opportunity to have. I am country girl at heart, yet I do great in the city.
We moved to a very eclectic and neat part of Portland called N.W. 23rd. Steven and I used public transportation to get to Lincoln High School which is closer to down town Portland. We adapted and fell in love with our Portland.
So you can imagine our excitement to be returning for a visit to a place we had called home for three years. Especially after being gone for ten years. We have vowed to not let that much time elapse between visits.

4 comments:

Gram B said...

Your stories and pictures are a source of continuing pleasure and enjoyment to all of us that get to "travel with you" this summer to all of your favorite places in Oregon. We can really fell you love of these places and people. :-)

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun trip. I tell u what, im sure craving the Miso. Give me Miso!

Anonymous said...

Yes, what an exciting blog!--What a neat trip...I'm enjoying seeing every new turn of it! ..So I can definitely see both sides of you here--a country girl at the core; but you fit in very well in Portland, too as this fabulous girl in the city! What a gret rennisance trip for you, renewing and revisiting the places you grew up! That market looks really fun! -- I've never had the opportunity to visit Portland much...the only times I went to the coast was for a school funciont (jazz band competetion, and track & field finals) - and of course we didn't go to all those neat places on those trips. And my family trips were always to Utah mainly or where we have family to visit them. I'll have to make Portland a future place to visit. --Yeah, I remember you guys took a trip down to Blanding & I was way bummed cause I'd just gone back to college & couldn't be there. You'll have to take another trip there with me sometime--we'll have some adventures (it Is pretty central to a lot of neat outdoor places!)..early fall is really neat there--do you think your mom would be interested in something like that if she found the time? (cause if so, we should plan it! :) ..gotta make up for the trip I missed out on ;) --I'm going down late Septmeber. So you and your family are hereby cordially invited!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog Alisa. The pictures are great dear you ispire me to take a camera along in my life. Sorry you lost your one blog but you made up for it. Love you, Mom