Monday, August 18, 2008

American Fork Canyon

Lake Side Picnic




All though it looks like Charlie is screaming and trying to escape...Daddy was actually tickling him so he would smile for the picture. This is what I captured instead.
Vanna White showing you the mountains
This is such an adorable picture of my sweetheart, I had to add it. He is next to the spill way one of Charlie's favorite things to watch that evening.


The world always looks funny upside down!



On our way home we stopped and drove around the Timpanogos Temple. It was so beautiful with the lights I had to take pictures.


Yesterday evening we went as a family to American Fork Canyon and had a lovely picnic on the beach of a little mountain lake. It was very busy and I think it is because school starts tomorrow, so people were getting their last little who raw in before school begins. Even though it was busy we had a great time, and laughed over everything. Especially when I tried to eat a mosquito on accident, funny little story!
On Sundays there is nothing more I like to do than go on a picnic in the mountains after church. Especially when the only time this is feasible is in the summer and fall months. I want Charlie to grow up appreciating the beauties of the outdoors and wanting to spend time outside. I love being together as a family and enjoying the blessings our Father in Heaven has so lovingly given us!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Looks like so much fun! You guys are great!!

Anonymous said...

Growing up we always went on Sunday drives to a neat outdoor place--it's definitely a tradition that needs to keep going!...Looks like you guys had a lovely picnic & fun time even though it was kind of crowded (I like going out of doors to escape the crowds, but sharing isn't a bad thing I guess--lol)
I love the mt timp temple pics..I was married there :)

Anonymous said...

Love the cute pictures. Love the blog. You do a good consistant job. Do uyou remember the picnics we would take to marble creek. How about the mone to Anthony Lakes when you were about Charlie's age and you stirred up a hive of wasps and got over fifty stings. We loaded you in the car and headed for town. The picnic stuff just got left or thrown in the car. I remember how fast your dad ran when we heard you scream. We did not know if you were alergic to bee stings. You were one sick girl. So tiny. You were always such a little tiny toddler.