Thursday, August 28, 2008

Party in the Neighborhood

Hawaiian Luau
Not a Luau unless you wear your Hawaiian shirt!
The pit that the pig was cooked in. The Bricker Family volunteered their back yard! I told Katrina if this is going to be a neighborhood tradition perhaps she could turn it into a pond or something until next year. He he he
The finished product. There was so much pork and lots of left overs to take home!
Don't you like the way I cut my brownies. A size for every one's liking! Small, Medium, and Large ..... no really I just can't figure out how to cut them all the same.

PiƱata time, a mix of cultures



A little demo of the evening entertainment


I have been so behind with my blogging. It has been very busy around here and I have a lot of projects going on. I decided though I better post something today; you know mix things up a bit add some excitement into the blog!
Last Saturday our neighborhood had the anticipated summer Luau! It has been an event the neighborhood has been planning all summer. We have an amazing Polynesian family in our neighborhood and they volunteered to roast a pig in a pit.
It was quite the evening with performances of hula dancing and this dance from New Zealand. The pig that they started roasting at 5 A.M. and was finished at 6 P.M. was excellent. I had never had pork that had been roasted in a pit all day with banana leaves. I would have to say I felt like I was back in Hawaii! I just needed the ocean and a tropical drink. It was a very fun evening and we got to know our neighbors better!

3 comments:

Gram B said...

Ok, I've got the ocean and I'll make you a tropical drink. I'll even find a little umbrella for you.
It looks like it was great fun.We love you all.

Anonymous said...

Oh a REAL Luau!!...FUN!--Your neighborhood rocks!...I Love Umu roasted luau pig..mmmmm!
We've talked about doing an underground roasted pig for a luau style Thanksgiving one year--I think it would be fun!

Anonymous said...

Alisa how fun was that party girl! I loved to see the pictures Charlie getting to be with his Haley. Cute guys dancing!!! Can I come next time? Love you three! Mom Knowles