Celebrating Grandpa's 80th Birthday!

My beautiful Grandma and handsome Grandpa Perkins

Gorgeous girls! Cousin Rebecca, Nicole, Grandpa, Natalie and me!
all the handsome men! Cousin Brian, Jeff, Matt, my Grandpa, Nathan, Robert, Charlie, and Steven

My Mother and the doctor that delivered her!

There was so much delicious food at the party! We all did a lot of cooking. There was so much mouth watering prime rib that my Uncle Frank brought from his restaurant. Grandma and Shirley baked three turkeys and three hams plus made a bunch of different salads. Mom, Steven and I made 30 lbs. of fluffy potato casserole and a huge ancene de pepe (?sp) salad. There was so much it was ridiculous. There was a crowd of 200 people to feed. Even with that, there were so many left overs!

My cousin Nathan and his adorable daughter Bryn


Nicole and Grandpa dancing
The House in TownWe all got to go to Oregon for a week long vacation. My Aunt Shirley had a huge birthday party for her Dad. It was a wonderful celebration and it was so fun to see all my family.
2 comments:
What an awesome house! When I was younger, a house like that, decorated like that, was my ultimate dream house. How fun!
Alisa!--I am so glad you posted pics of your old beautiful victorian home!!..I have So many fun memories there...Sleepovers, parties, movies, waterfights, canning peaches, etc :)- I always thought it was the most beautiful charming home!!
I remember going to the old ghost town & all the beautiful outdoor places there--I'm excited to go up there again..Nase & I are planning on taking a road trip to Baker (not sure when; our next trip will be down to Blanding for Christmas--Robby's fam is coming & it will be our last Christmas all together before Tommy leaves on his mission (doesn't have his call, but he's 19 in June) ... Your grandpa's party looked like a lot of fun--Great to see all the Dingers, including Nicole!
Well, I am glad you got well enough for the party & that you made it home safe & sound!
& Yes, Thanksgiving is upon us!--I'm still not sure what kind of pies I'm going to make (there are so many & all yummy)..my Mom's making my favorite: apple-huhcleberry deep-dish pie. I am sure Jessica's pies were to most wonderful ever tasted!...The holidays Do make us miss her more!--her masterful cooking, her beautiful gift wrapping & most considerate gift giving..her decorating & her birthday--I am sure that in Heaven she is a big part of the celebration of giving thanks & of our Savior's birth...if there is an activities committe there, she is a head of it! ;) :) ..I'm sure we will feel her with us as we prepare for & celebrate these holidays!
Post a Comment