Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sweet Dreams!

Our....."My" Periwinkle room!!!
Before....in avocado green




After "ta da"






Sense I was a little girl I have always wanted a periwinkle bedroom! I am sooooooo thrilled to finally have my dream come true. Periwinkle is my favorite color and hard to find the color in it's perfect hue! Even the pictures do not capture just how beautiful the room looks. I love the new color and yes so does Robert. Anything is better than the avocado green it was painted previously.


Charlie with the pillow he calls his baby


Periwinkle walls with white trim! It looks so fresh and clean.


I love the new color and feel like a princess! Thank you Robert and Steven for all your help making the room gorgeous!


I have not yet finished decorating the room. I am having a hard time wanting to hang anything on the freshly painted walls.


5 comments:

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

Oh what a beautiful color!!!!! I love colors like that with white accents (trim and bedding) it is a wonderful fresh and comfy look :) Such an improvement from the olive green!!

Tricia said...

Wow,your bedroom turned out so great! It is such a nice bright and clean look. I love all the white accents too with the trim, bedding, and curtains. Good job guys!

Nance's Playhouse said...

Very nice!! I like the way you decorate. You'll have to ask Tricia what happened when I used the exact same color sceme in my room!!! Hint . . . hide all permanent markers while you can! I'm not kidding about getting together. Give me a call!

Anonymous said...

It's Gorgeous, Lissy!!!...I LOVE the color Periwinkle! (it's even a fun word :) ..One of my favorite flowers are bathelor buttons because they grow in the prettiest shade of periwinkle I've ever seen (I think they might technically be a weed, but I love them...discovered them along the Powder River when we first moved to Baker.) -My very favorite color is the light purple you get when you mix periwinkle & lavander...I told Nase I would like a bedroom painted that color (which he didn't go for)...but I think Periwinkle has enough blue in it that he might be OK w/it :) -Not to toally copy you, lol...but don't worry, we're renting so no wall painting going on as of yet--(Just lots of little busy fingers coloring on it!) :) :p
--And I do love the fresh white linens..a perfect accent! It's a royal room for sure! -Can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

*I mean Batchelor Buttons (caught my typo)