Saturday, January 3, 2009

Trying to be Eskimos

Snow Fort Perkaboulter

We spent the day at Grandma Knowles' house in Heber! Steven, Robert and I wanted to build a snow fort. The following pictures are of the process.
Cheese!!!!

All bundled up......still feel very cold. It was 12 degrees; oh so freezy!

Just like big white Legos

The snow was so dry it was extremely powdery. Great conditions if you want to ski, but not the best for constructing an igloo. It cut nicely with the hand saw but would easily fall apart upon building with it.


Steven won the award for making the most perfect uniform blocks. It shows he is an engineer!
I liked how there was Steven's hand print on the blocks

My sweetheart in the fort

So we ended up building a nice horse shoe shaped wall and then decided to go in where it was warm. The hot chocolate was calling our names.
At this point my legs were numb....no snow pants. Until another day Snow Fort Perkaboulter! Like I told the boys I was glad that was not what we had to build in order to have shelter from the cold during the night.


Grandma Knowles and Charlie

Steven must have really bulked up building the snow fort. Grandma looks so tiny next to him.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love Grandma Knowles' house in Heber!--I've spent a few days up there before...it's so pretty there. (But yeah, freezing I'm sure!)
That snow fort totally rocks!...that's so cool how you cut the blocks out of the snow with a hand saw!
Hope you guys had a fun new year!

Tricia said...

Lisa, I am so impressed at the perfect blocks you guys made for your snow fort. How fun!