Wednesday, July 2, 2008

4th of July Decorations


Red White and Blue Splendor









Red and white hollyhocks for the 4th of July! Not planned just a pleasant surprise. These are hollyhocks that are volunteers, they grow where ever they want. I do not have the heart to move them. They are from seeds that we gathered from the Hollyhocks at my Great Grandmother Hunt's in Oregon. Practically pioneers; these lovely flowers!







Robert and I decorated the front porch for the Fourth of July. It was somewhat of a hilarious ordeal. We asked the neighbors if we could borrow their ladder so we could get up on our roof. I did not realize how afraid of heights I am. I was on the roof with my heart pounding and my hands shaking, as I was trying to use the staple gun. There is a silver lining to this event. The view was breathtaking. The sun was setting and the sky was painted the most delicious color of peach and pink. Will I get up the roof every night to watch the sun set, hum NO!


We survived! I just am wondering how I am going to talk myself into getting back up their to take down the decorations! I gained a tremendous amount of respect for those that do construction work and are in such precarious situations all the time! Hats off!
Next holiday to decorate...Christmas! Christmas lights who needs them anyway! :) No I am sure I will talk myself into that endeavor as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you put this post on your blog!!...I've always just Loved your decor & flowers--you perkins, knowles gals are SO talented!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your fun comments... I'm not sure exactly what we'll do tomorrow--Nase & I got ourselves a waverunner for our anniversary & we've been getting that ready to go--so maybe we will take it out...I don't really like the lake when it's totally crowded & crazy--makes me a little nervous :S -- But I'm sure we'll get a lot of summer fun out of it.
Leka will be in preschool this coming school year--just two days a week...as crazy as she can drive me I'm still not ready for every day school yet ;) :p :) So this should be a good way to ease our way into it :) - Her preschool teacher is just down the street & she's very sweet...she's actually my visiting teacher--so that's a good set-up.
I'm excited to come see you guys next week--I'll get my schedule worked out & then we can coordinate a time. (I'm thinking Mon or Wed - but I'll let you know...if there's a day that's better for you, let me know :)
cya

Gram B said...

Wow what a great job. Jessie would be proud of you. I know we are. As always, your flowers and decorations could win a prize. My own garden misses you too. love ya