Sunday, July 20, 2008

Celebrating Early in St. George


Red Rock Get Away!


The club house on the green, where we had the most delicious lunch
Milk and Cookies. Yummy
Red rock agrees with me
Robert and a Barrel Cactus
View of the neighborhood at Entrada

Robert relaxing, we wanted to bring that chair home with us. Boy was it comfortable!
Our little fully stocked kitchenette
The very amazing jetted bathtub. Some day I want one of these in my home.
Robert in front of our Casita
Taucahn Theater
The stage with an amazing view
Zion National Park
The 1.1 mile tunnel that is cut through the mountains. It was fun to drive in! Beep Beep Honk Honk
Hiking the Narrows

Robert and I had the wonderful opportunity to celebrate our wedding anniversary a month early. Omniture (where Robert works) was offering employees extra paid days off if they used some of their vacation days before the end of July. So for every two vacations days, you received one personal day! It worked perfectly for us, we got to get out of dodge and go have a fabulous time.
St. George is a little tradition we started last year for our anniversary. We like to go down and go to the Tuacahn Theater and spend the night. This year my mom was so kind and offered to watch Charlie and told us to go spend a few days there.
Oh it was so marvelous! We stayed at an amazing place called the Inn at Entrada. It was where the second High School Musical was filmed. We did not go there because of that. It was just a really great place for the price. We had our own little Casita. Basically a studio apartment with garage. They turned down our bedding and brought fresh baked cookies and milk in the evening. It was so fun.
We went to the the Tuacahn and saw Les Miserables. Fabulous!!! I highly recommend this show. The actresses and actors that sang were so incredibly talented. It was a beautiful rendition.
We did some shopping at the outlet mall bought some clothes for Charlie at Osh Gosh. We also went to Snow Canyon on a drive and walked around the St. George Temple. It is such a stunning temple. Beautiful and white against a red rock back drop!
Saturday we spent the day in Zion National Park even with the temperature at 108 degrees. I have been there a couple of times and every time I return I am always left awe stricken. Robert and I hiked what it known as the Narrows. The Virgin River was very deep this year and we were in above the knee. It was tricky with the fast current but worth the effort because the scenery was breath taking.
We had such a awesome time. I look forward to this tradition next year! Robert and I think it would be so fun to retire in St. George.

4 comments:

Gram B said...

What a time you must of had. It looks like it was relaxing and invigorating at the same time.

Kellie said...

How fun. I'm very jealous - especially seeing "Les Miserables" It's my all time favorite

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed tending Charlie we went to Kangaroo Zoo with Ben and up to Grandma Knowles to play with Ben, Emmie and Bronson. At one point Charlie was in the bedroom talking away. I went in to check on him and he said, "I playing tent with Jessica".

Anonymous said...

What a FUN getaway!!...We actually just celebrated our anniversary this last weekend (it's July 17).
We love going down to St George--we have family there so that just adds to the fun that's already to be had there.
(And that is THE cutest picture of you!! - You need to frame it so Robert can put it on his desk :)