Home Town
We are in my home town! My Mom, Charlie, and I are in Baker City Oregon. Mom and I were saying how fun it is to have a beautiful home town to come and visit. I grew up here so it will always feel like home. It is so interesting, you get here and life just seems to slow down. It is not like being in the city where everyone is going a million miles per hour everywhere. It is so nice not to have traffic! Very relaxing.
Today we went to our favorite shops on Main Street and then drove around looking at familiar sites. We went to the high school I graduated from and got some pictures,which are included in the blog. Baker High School, it looks so small compared to the big schools in Utah.
We joined Steven this evening and went to El Errardo one of our most favorite Mexican Restaurants. The food was amazing, just like I remember it! After dinner we went to the park. I was able to recreate photo shoots in the park with charlie on the exact play ground equipment that I have pictures of me playing on as a child. I love the park in Baker, it is beautiful with all the old established trees.
My hope is to keep pictures and entries posted while we are on our trip. My sweet husband had me bring his lap top. I have the best husband. I wish so bad he was with us, it would be so much fun. I miss him, and we have only been away for three days.
My hope is to keep pictures and entries posted while we are on our trip. My sweet husband had me bring his lap top. I have the best husband. I wish so bad he was with us, it would be so much fun. I miss him, and we have only been away for three days.


4 comments:
How Fun! I can't believe you ran into Julie! We just ran into them at the Lindon Wal Mart last week. It's such a small world.
Looks like you guys are having so much fun. We want to go to Oregon so bad. Keep up the posts and have a great trip!!
I'm so glad you guys are having a wonderful time in Oregon. I really do wish I was up there with you. While I am enjoying bonding with Daisy Mae, I truly wish I was up there with you. I'm also very glad that you are able to blog your trip while you're up there so I can see a little of what is going. I look forward to seeing all the many pictures you have taken during the course of your trip. Love, your sweetheart, Robert
Oohh!!...This is making me homesick for Baker City!! (I consider most of my growing up there--age 11-18)...El Erradero is my FAV!--Yum, I'm glad you got to go there!... And I'm glad to hear it's still a slower paced place w/out much traffic :) - Oh, and I'm glad you took a pic in front of good old BHS...I remember you were a freshman when I was a senior.. And Jessie had moved to Heber w/your grandma, which was sad, but I was happy to be able to see you in the school every once in a while and say Hi :)
That's such a cool idea to get pics of Charlie in the same places of the park that you have childhood pictures at!
Glad you're having a fun trip!!!
Love you guys!!
Ms. Lissy!!! Just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog :)
Post a Comment