Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July Activities

Hot Air Balloons















We started the day at 5 a.m. I know you are probably thinking that we are crazy. Crazy always! :) We had to get up that early, to go to the National Hot Air Balloon Competition that was held in down town Provo. It started at six in the morning and we needed to get there in time to park and walk to were the event was being held. It was an amazing event. There were 25 huge hot air balloons and we got to be right amongst them. We watched as they filled them with air and then proceeded to launch. The balloons launched as the sun peaked over the mountains. Beautiful site!
We packed a picnic breakfast and watched the balloon games. They had to pop helium balloons that were tethered to the ground and try to throw a bean bag from 200 ft in the air and hit the target on the field below. If this makes no sense there will be a slid show that coincides with this blog entry.
Robert and I then went to a movie. We watched Wall-E. My sweet Mother volunteered to take care of Charlie so we could go enjoy the movie. It was a cute show. I know we will be buying this one for sure.
We all went and bought fireworks and were planning to stay home and barbecue and do our own little 4th of July show but we had a last minute change. We ended up going to Electric Field at Thanksgiving Point and watched an amazing firework show.
All and all it was an enjoyable day. I look forward though to this evening because I am a fan of the fireworks you do at home. The celebrating continues!

3 comments:

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

OOO!!!! That looks like so much fun!!!! How neat! I have never seen a hot air balloon up close - and look at the variety!!!! Glad you had a fabulous fourth Lissy! :)

Kellie said...

What an amazing to sight to see all those balloons up close and personal! Too bad you couldn't have gotten in one and rode to the top of the sky. That would be such thrill! Glad you guys had a great 4th!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really awesome!--and you took some Great pictures...you're quite the photographer! (and here I thought I was getting up early at 8am on the 4th--lol)