Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend


178th General Conference of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Conference center

Thomas S. Monson the Prophet and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints


We love watching General Conference and are so blessed to have the opportunity to do so. It is always such a spiritual feast! I am so grateful for the counsel of a modern day Prophet and Apostles. We are so blessed to have President Thomas S. Monson as Prophet in these latter days.
President Thomas S. Monson, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, told members worldwide, "Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey and share our love with friends and family." Conference-goers were also encouraged to seek unity with one another and with those not of their faith. The path to unity is through faith, humility, prayer and service to God.
I am grateful for all the wonderful talks given in Conference and for the truthfulness of their messages. I have a strong testimony of the the gospel and I am grateful for the Holy Spirit, that witnesses this to me!
If you would like to read or listen to the talks from Conference I invite you to go to www.lds.org

Charlie and I have been pretty miserable with a bad cold. We both looked so pale and had red noses so I decided to just do a b&w.


My Mom spent yesterday making chili sauce. It is a wonderful recipe passed down from my Great Great Grandmother. It is a delicious accompaniment with roast beef! The day prior Mom and I canned sweet chunk pickles. I love to can in the fall!
It is a tradition to have a big breakfast before Conference starts. Mom made biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and a yummy pumpkin sweet bread with cream cheese frosting. My contribution, orange juice. My Mom spoils us with her amazing cooking!
When I lived in California we would go to my In-Laws for breakfast before conference. This is a tradition at their home as well. We always had farmers omelets; another tasty breakfast treat.

Robert enjoying his breakfast!

The Provo Temple. This is one of my most favorite places in the valley. I love the gorgeous mountains, the temple, and of course the Mission Training Center. I spent 9 wonderful weeks at the MTC before leaving for Cabo Verde West Africa. Such fond memories.

We went on a little drive in between the sessions of conference. Mom took some food to her friends that live in Elk Ridge. It is such a beautiful area and so I looked forward to taking the drive. I asked Robert if he would ever want to live there; he did not give me an answer!

A Chapel and the Autumn shrouded mountains. We got a little snow in the high mountains this weekend. Oh the chill in the air!

I know before we left the house he had pants on! The toy he is holding is vintage.....I played with it when I was his age. Does that qualify as being vintage?
OK, this has nothing to do with today's events. I just wanted to share a picture of me making a big pot of Jessica's famous spaghetti sauce. I still can't seem to get it as good as she did. She was a phenomenal cook and it just came so naturally to her.
She gave me her recipe and so I will just have to try until I get it right! I love you Jessie!








9 comments:

Kellie said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful conference weekend. We missed you at Bronson's bday party but hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Boulter family I enjoyed your Blog again, thank you. The pictures turned out wonderful of the fall leaves. We did enjoy today with conference and breakfast. We discussed having family fasts for anyone that is in need of special blessings. Also I am going to give 50% of everything I own to those in need. I always give to DI. I can get by on less. If we all did that think how many people we could help. Also our little family is going to not give gifts to each other for Christmas but get food storage, warmth needs and such instead. An idea others might want to do. I am inspired by a lot of the things you guys show on your Blog. Blog Amazing. I love you and add my testimoney to yours Alisa. Love You All

Anonymous said...

So, we have the same tradition for a big breakfast for conference. We do farmers breakfast. My mom would make this for us every conference. Maybe it came from her family.......
I love conference too. Isn't it the best!

Tricia

Anonymous said...

Oooh!...Jessie's spagetti is THE Best!! - I like what you did with that pic!--I like to play around with Photoshop. --I have an aunt from Elk Ridge...it Is a really pretty area--my wedding reception was in Payson (you knew that already)...but yeah, I wanted to be out of the city a bit.
...Mmmm, your mom's big breakfast looks SO yummy! - It was a wonderful & conference--a spiritual feast! -I especially took to heart the advice to enjoy this time in our childerns lives when the "fingerprints appear on every recently cleaned surface & toys are scattered about the house" - that [trying as it can be] we will miss it when it passes.

--That elk leg story you left on my blog is Hilarious!!...One time in interior design we had to make a peice of furniture or decor out of something used/owned... I made a coat rack out of antlers--my teacher was not impressed :p (I told her she hasn't been to Park City & Jackson Hole where there's tons of expenso furniture made out of antlers...lol) - but I don't think Leka would be interested in taking a part of an elk or deer for show and tell--She did not like seeing the skinned deer hanging from her swing set at Grandma's house when Grandpa got a deer. She kept telling grandpa to "get the meat off & throw it away in the mountain!" (He had it gone the next morning before she woke up) ...at one point she told him to "go throw that deer in the ocean" -- when he told her the ocean is a long ways away she said "Well, drive!" She was fine once her swing set was de-deered!

Anonymous said...

(Oh, and no, I didn't get to go to Leka's show and tell--this made me sadder than the first day I dropped her off...she is doing a big girl thing by herself in school that I can't be there for--not used to that ..her teachers (she has great teachers) were kind enough to tell me all about it though :)

Anonymous said...

(Oh--and One more thing to add to the novel I'm leaving here...I think it's a GREAT idea to make Jessie's spagetti over & over ;) :D :)

Anonymous said...

...Alas, I shall leave you one last comment! :S (but I did forget to ask) -- Would you be able to tell me when your Halloween party is scheduled? -My cousin is having one & wants an RSVP, but there is no way I would miss yours! Thanks :D

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you'll be putting on your traditional Halloween party!! ..It's too bad Steven can't come! - But yes, it is absolutely what Jessie wants!! (if you need any help with anything let me know) --My Address:
1323 Abrams Way
Fruit Heights UT 84037

-And I'm sure the Scrivners would Love an invite!...I'm sure they'll try to come if they can. - I don't know their address, but I can get an invitation to them--could drop it off at Flying J where both Dan & Nase work (Really IS a small world!) ...Or (of course) I could find out their address if you need me to.

Oh, I am SO excited!! :D :)

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking over that playlist & get some songs to you soon! --My parents' address is:

1500 E. Brown's Canyon Rd
#103-2
Blanding UT 84511

They will be thrilled to get an invite!--I hope they can make it!...Annie lives in Provo BYU housing; but I can just pass the info onto her (she'll share my invitation) - I'm sure your invitations look SO cute!! - I remember Jessie's last one she made with the mummies wrapped in cheese cloth & everything--she never ceased to amaze me with her creativity & artistic ability (2 traits which you certainly posses also!!)
Yeah, I remember Jessie got in on the 80's music, too--Pat Benatar! :) lol
So I'll leave a list of songs on your blog or send you an e-mail. -I like this assignment!--it'll be fun! ...I get to do an activity for Leka's preschool Halloween party, and go on the pumpkin patch fieldtrip with them. October is the Best!