Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to the most incredible women I know!!!!! My Mother!!!!

My Mother is so stunning!!!!


Mom, Steven, Jessica, and me I love this picture of my beautiful Mother and the most precious baby, Jessica!



Happy birthday to my darling mother who I adore to no end. I love you so much mommy!!!! With out a doubt I have the best Mother in the entire world!!!!! I am truly blessed, grateful and honored to have her as my Mother. She has always been such an incredible example to me and I want to be just like her.

I asked her this evening what her greatest accomplishment was and she said her children. Thank you Mom, we sure love you. We would not be the people we are today if it were not for you and all you do! We greatly appreciate you!

Sandra Knowles was born in Baker City Oregon October 29th......I am going to conveniently leave out the year! :) She spent a good part of her childhood at Zion and Bryce National Parks. Her Father was the top Chef and managed the lodges during the summers. Being a great cook runs her in blood! From a very young age she knew she wanted to be a nurse when she grew up. She did pursue this dream and graduated from both her bachelors and masters in nursing at Oregon Health and Science University; with high honors. During the years she attended her masters program she was a single mother. So to complete such a feat as this and graduate with honors is a major accomplishment! She has sense ran her own company and is one of the leading Nurse Practitioners in her field! I can't help but brag. She amazes me! Right now she has her own radio show and it is going great! Soon she will be attending the University of Utah where she will obtain her Doctorate in Nursing! Dr. Sandra Knowles, how cool is that!

She has always been the most incredible Mother and friend. She has always been there for us!!!! My Mother is extremely intelligent, gorgeous, the queen of parties and entertaining, creative, talented, and compassionate. There is no one like her. I love her fun and charismatic personality. It is such a joy to be in her presence! So sweet Mother of mine, I love you so incredibly much and would love to wish you a very happy birthday!!!!


3 comments:

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

Happy birthday beautiful lady!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sandy!!..I love you dearly & hope you have a wonderful birthday!
And Yes, what an amazing accomplished woman Sandy is!--I remember the days she labored so hardly to achieve her medical degrees with honors while being a single Mom... She managed both so amazingly; always putting her children first even though she was Incredibly busy! - I remember once she took us for an outing in Oregon to a beautiful place in the mountains...Jessica & I were teenagers - we played & waded in the river & talked enjoyed the lovely outdoors; while Sandy sat at a picnic bench & dilligently did her homework--with her books and notecards spread out in front of her. -She would still pause every once in a while to talk with us (as we kept bugging her - lol) ...Jessica & I were working on a Halloween activity for the Young Women program (I think we were doing the Halloween Phantom "You've been boo'd" thing) - & Sandy took a break to draw this really cool picture of a phantom for us.
And not only do the cooking genes run deeply in the most talented chefs I know (Sandra, Jessica, Alisa) - But Sandy also took the time to cook & teach you girls, making sure the genes were passed on by both Nature AND Nurture :) - The same can be said for you gals' decorating ability (although you all have a little individual flare) - What a homemaker Sandy always was & is! What an incredible Mother...What a talented professional & driven individual--can't wait to call her Dr. Knowles!.. What a wonderful friend!
This is Your day Sandy--enjoy it to its fullest!!

Tricia said...

I love how close your family is and how sweet you are to each other.