Wednesday, October 29, 2008

a wonderful birthday letter

Ok this letter is from our dear friend Katie and I thought it was so touching I just wanted to share it. I hope you don't mind Katie. I love how Katie writes and tells stories. I have thoroughly enjoyed the many stories she has so kindly shared. Katie you defiantly need to write a book, you have such an incredible talent! The way you write is so wonderful; you have a way of bringing so much life and reality to a memory.


Happy Birthday Sandy!!..I love you dearly & hope you have a wonderful birthday!And Yes, what an amazing accomplished woman Sandy is!--I remember the days she labored so hardly to achieve her medical degrees with honors while being a single Mom... She managed both so amazingly; always putting her children first even though she was Incredibly busy! - I remember once she took us for an outing in Oregon to a beautiful place in the mountains...Jessica & I were teenagers - we played & waded in the river & talked enjoyed the lovely outdoors; while Sandy sat at a picnic bench & diligently did her homework--with her books and note cards spread out in front of her. -She would still pause every once in a while to talk with us (as we kept bugging her - lol) ...Jessica & I were working on a Halloween activity for the Young Women program (I think we were doing the Halloween Phantom "You've been boo'd" thing) - & Sandy took a break to draw this really cool picture of a phantom for us.And not only do the cooking genes run deeply in the most talented chefs I know (Sandra, Jessica, Alisa) - But Sandy also took the time to cook & teach you girls, making sure the genes were passed on by both Nature AND Nurture :) - The same can be said for you gals' decorating ability (although you all have a little individual flare) - What a homemaker Sandy always was & is! What an incredible Mother...What a talented professional & driven individual--can't wait to call her Dr. Knowles!.. What a wonderful friend!This is Your day Sandy--enjoy it to its fullest!!

2 comments:

'Cembers Thoughts said...

I love the ad you have for prob 8. I actually went to institute (and had a crush on) the bald surfer guy in the video. Small world. I ran into him at the Maverick's surf competition about 3 years ago. But for the life of me I can't remember his name. Guess that means I really moved on:). Anyway thanks for helping to get the world out to people who don't even live in CA. It's so frustrating to see how distorted the ads against the prop. are. They flat out lie about what the measure means. It doesn't take away anyone's current rights, it only clarifies the definition. It's so frustrating I just turn the station when the ads come on. Oh well. Thank you again Sister Perkins (you'll always be sister perkins to me)
December

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you think my ramblings have some substance to them :D