Friday, October 17, 2008

Crash!!!

Robert got in a car accident








Robert got in a car accident this morning! He is ok, except that his leg hurts. He thinks on impact he was pushed against the set belt latch. I tried to get him to go to the doctor just to make sure everything was ok. Instead he went to work; of course after he called the insurance company!
He was on his way to work this morning he had just left the house. The accident occurred on Orem Blvd. the street just behind our house. He was heading north and a truck turned left in front of him. The sun was blocking the view of the man turning and he went right into Robert. Robert was quick enough to turn the car so it was not a direct T-bone. Robert was going 40 miles per hour when he got hit and because he had the wheel turned the car did a 180 and he was facing south.
He called me before the police arrived and said he was in a little accident. Right after that my visiting teacher called and said that her husband was on his way to work and saw Robert and that his car looked really bad. I started panicking and got Charlie in the car and headed up the street to make sure Robert was ok. He was fine, talking to the police man and the tow truck driver.
In the end it was the other gentleman's fault because he did not yield. His truck looks pretty messed up for getting hit by a Honda Fit!

6 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm sorry about the accident but glad Robert wasn't hurt too badly. That's such pain dealing with getting the car fixed and insurance. Hope it all goes well!

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

Oh no!!! I am so glad that Robert was okay!!

Anonymous said...

So glad Robert's OK!!...Hope the insurance company gets things patched up quickly!! - If I were there I'd take Charlie to the park & tell you to go take a bubble bath to de-stress from the event! (Even when no one's hurt & it's not your blame these things are still traumatic!) - But thank goodness everyone's alright...good definsive driving, Robert!!
-So I also wanted to thank you for sticking that vanilla/brown sugar lotion & perfume into my purse!!--Vanilla was Jessie's scent & it reminds me of her :) ...You Perkins girls were Always the Best gift givers--know exactly what to get someone (I think that says a lot about someone's giving & considerate character!) - For my 16th birthday Jessie got me a stuffed Jeep toy :D (I wanted a jeep so bad)..I still have it.
--Well, I'm on to my traumatic even for the day--flu shots for the kids (Eeek!) ..Acutally, Austin does really good, but Leka has a melt down :p ..So we'll see how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Well Robert, you don't need the goverment or insurance crash tests to tell you how safe the Honda Fit is now, you got to learn first hand. Your a guy the can take a lickin and keep on tickin. Im thankful all is well and remember to watch out for that other guy. Wink wink!

Anonymous said...

I would say Frightmares is worth going to if you go on a good day-- the day I went my brain was thinking backwards. It was UEA break & I was thinking since everyone in my area is out of town Frightmares wouldn't be too crowded-- Never mind the Rest of the state coming up here to go to Frightmares (duh Katie). It was SOOO crowded-- rides were only about a 10 min wait longer than usual; but the Haunted House lines were so long we didn't even bother waiting in them :p ...but it was still fun--I got to ride all my favorite rides. --I'm sure it's not so busy/crowded anymore. (Although Halloween night might get crazy) -They're only open Friday nights & all day Saturdays til 11. --I got a coupon from the elementary school here for $5 off--(I think a lot of schools have them) ..if they don't have them in the schools there I could get you one if you want.
So I don't have the bunny costume anymore--bummer... but I do have a good one planned--went to Ace today to get some materials for it. Can't Wait for the party--it's so close!! :D

Scott and Alison said...

Hey! I just so happened to find your blog! So I added you to my list. Afterall, you guys are family! :)

I am sorry to hear about the accident! I'm glad Robert's okay!
Hope all is going well with you guys!